Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 09:45:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup question...

I have a cvsup question.  I use CVSup to update a local copy of the CVS
repository on one of my machines.  In order to avoid a really big hit the first
time I supped, I tar and gzip'd a copy of the repository off of a machine at
work and ftp'd to my machine.  Then I extracted it and fired up cvsup.  It
works for the most part, but not always.  Here's teh problem, it doesn't delete
any of those files from the original tarball when they are removed from the
repository because it didn't create my local copies of the files, and it is
courteous enough to not delete them in case I am making local changes or
something.  However, I'm not making local changes and want to override this
behavior if possible.  Any suggestions on how to get my source tree really
up-to-date?

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/
PGP Key: http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/pgpkey.asc