Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2019 16:17:35 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: drm-current-kmod now installs sources

On Tue, 2019-08-13 at 14:58 -0700, John Baldwin wrote:
> For developers this means even if you are doing testing on a box
> that doesn't use DRM, you can install the package so that kernel
> builds will try to compile it and hopefully spot KPI/KBI changes
> before they land in the tree so that the port/package can be
> patched in tandem with committing changes to HEAD.  Note that even
> builds of work trees in git checkouts, etc. will find the DRM
> modules and try to build them if the package is installed.

That last sentence sounds ominous.  Are you saying that when I'm on my
amd64 machine building from /my/sources/rpi using TARGET_ARCH=armv6
it's going to find /usr/local/sys/modules/drm-current-kmod and try to
crossbuild it for armv6?

How about when I'm doing a build of 11-stable for testing, but what's
in my /usr/local is sources for a 13-current driver?

-- Ian