Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:44:03 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        4Front Technologies <dev@opensound.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does anyone compose music using any of the portsfromthe/ports/audio collection in FreeBSD?

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:51:44 -0700
4Front Technologies <dev@opensound.com> wrote:

> OSS apps
> for Linux work nicely with FreeBSD's Linux emulation (case in point, check out
> Skype for Linux).

Are you talking about the native FreeBSD sound code, or are you talking
about the 4Front OSS code on FreeBSD?

I haven't tried the 4Front OSS code, but with the FreeBSD native sound
code (even with my patches), I don't get good sound quality with Skype
(on -current). The sound output stutters (I tried with the skype echo
service and a headset).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I'm available to get hired (preferred in .lu).