Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:08:53 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        Jack Wang <jackw@level1.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cd rom

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 06:53:36PM -0700, Jack Wang wrote:
> Once I install the FreeBSD , does anybody knows how to access
> the cd-rom do I need to mount os just go to /cdrom directory
>
> but When I inserted my cdrom and went to /cdrom it is empty when I do ls

You have to mount the cdrom before it can be seen by the O/S. If you've
installed the system with a cdrom, you should already have an entry
for it in /etc/fstab; and should be able to just do:

	mount /cdrom

Otherwise, you'll have to use

	mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom
or	mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0 /cdrom

depending on whether you've got an ATAPI CDROM reader or a SCSI one.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>