Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 1997 16:07:37 -0500
From:      Ron Steele <ron@dc.infi.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Zip drives horrendously slow

At 01:02 PM 12/19/97 -0600, Michael Hughes wrote:
>  They have just come out with a new zip drive that is faster.

Yep, Zip Plus.  I have one.  I can't get it to work with FreeBSD and a
1542.  The SCSI probe never sees the drive.

It is supposed to work with either SCSI or parallel.  Seems to do ok on
Win95, but on NT I am getting a lot of SCSII timeouts - on the same machine
where it was OK with win95.  I'm starting to wish I has stuck to the older
Zip.  Seems like a questionable piece of hardware.  It is faster than the
old Zip (when not getting timeouts).

Ron Steele