Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:27:46 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: https://helixcommunity.org/

"Conrad J. Sabatier" writes:
> Just wondering if anyone else out there has looked at this and/or has a
> port in progress.  Looks quite interesting!
>
> Quote from the web site:
>
> The Helix community is a collaborative effort among Real, independent
> developers, and leading companies to extend the Helix DNA platform, the
> first open multi-format platform for digital media creation, delivery
> and playback. The Helix DNA platform is comprised of the following:
>
> Helix DNA Client / Helix Player
> Helix DNA Producer
> Helix DNA Server
> RealAudio and RealVideo codecs

Someone posted a pointer to a port tarball some time ago. Check the
archive.

The port has some issues, e.g. it insists on using gcc33. I got it
to compile but due to problems with out-of-date dependencies it
never ran. I wasn't interested enough to pursue it further.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj[at]jennejohn.org gj[at]freebsd.org garyj[at]denx.de