Date:      20 Nov 2002 19:46:02 -0800
From:      Steve Wingate <s.wingate@cox.net>
To:        Simon1 <simon1@server.simon1.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Acroread5

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 14:58, Simon1 wrote:
    I'm having troubles opening PDF files with Acroread5 (acroread-5.06_1,
    installed from ports).

    As root, I can open any file and I'll never get an error.

    As a user, I can't open ANY files with the default settings. I always get
    an error:

    Title of the error window: Acrobat Reader <2> (I should note: The <2> ONLY
    was displayed when I loaded Acrobat Reader, THEN went to file->open, if I
    just acroread5 test.pdf from the command line, the error was the same, but
    the "<2>" was NOT in the error windows title bar.)

    "There was an error opening this document. A temporary file could not be
    opened."

I've been getting this error also lately. Something has definitely
changed and I don't know what.