Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:20:33 +0000
From:      Michael Doyle <relyod@indigo.ie>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sendmail Config

Hi all

I have sendmail/fetchmail running on my FreeBSD box to serve email for my
LAN.

Config:
(W95 PCs, each running Eudora, FreeBSD set up to dial-on-demand to the ISP)

Now everything is working, but there's one innefficient thing happening:
Every time one of the users tries to "send" mail using Eudora, (i.e. each
time there's an incomming mail message to sendmail on port 25) the server
dials the ISP, forcing the client to wait.

This happens even before the server recieves the addess header (i.e. whether
or not the mail message needs to be routed via the ISP to the outside world)

Any suggestions as to how I could get sendmail to STOP what ever its
doing (perhaps a DNS lookup?) each time it gets an incomming connection?
Michael Doyle			phone: +353-1-661-0588
Network Administrator		http://indigo.ie/~coopnth/
Co-Operation North
E-mail: relyod@co-operation-north.ie	(0ffice)