Date:      Wed, 08 Aug 2001 12:31:07 +0000
From:      "Chris Lynch" <cjtlynch@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   VMWare Workstation for Linux

I would like to install FreeBSD 4.3 as a Guest Operating System under VMWare
Workstation 2.0.4 for Linux.  I have checked the VMWare web site which only
specifies support for FreeBSD up to 3.x.  I then E-Mailed a query to VMWare
who responded by saying that it should work,  but check the FreeBSD Web Site
because it has details of how to install FreeBSD as a VMWare Guest.  I have
checked the Installation section of the VMWare Handbook and also tried
several searches with VMWare as the search string but can only find details
of installing VMWare into FreeBSD as a Host Operating System.  Can you
direct me to where I can find a discussion of installing FreeBSD 4.3 as a
Guest Operating System under VMWare Workstation 2.0.4 for Linux ?

Regards,  Chris Lynch