Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:43:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Richard B Mahoney <rbm49@it.canterbury.ac.nz>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Restricting a users CPU usage -- Possible?

Hi,
Here is how I manage cpu usage for shell users on one of my FreeBSD
Freedom servers:

shell:\
        :cputime=30M:\
        :datasize-cur=22M:\
        :stacksize-cur=8M:\
        :memorylocked-cur=10M:\
        :memoryuse-cur=30M:\
        :filesize=infinity:\
        :coredumpsize=infinity:\
        :maxproc-cur=6:\
        :openfiles-cur=64:\
        :priority=10:\
        :requirehome@:\
        :umask=022:\
        :tc=default:
Which is in /etc/login.conf

What you need to do, is make a class inside login.conf and put in there,
the values you want.
Remember to do the following if you change your /etc/login.conf file:

cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf

--Lanny

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Alfred Perlstein in the last wild and more than...: