Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:35:28 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Daniel Eriksson <daniel_k_eriksson@telia.com>
Cc:        'S?ren Schmidt' <sos@DeepCore.dk>
Subject:   Re: ataraid + geom_stripe problems

--KWqj/C5KzoWE0Q2t

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 07:16:37PM +0200, Daniel Eriksson wrote:
+> S?ren Schmidt wrote:
+>=20
+> > Hmm, looks like you re triggering the throtteling code, that=20
+> > will lead  to catastophic failure as it tosses out interrupts
+> > causing this:
+>=20
+> Yes, that is very likely to be the source of my problems. However, the r=
oot
+> cause is still not clear to me. Why would I get an interrupt storm when
+> geom_stripe tastes the discs when everything else works like a charm?

When new provider is created it is given for taste to other classes.
This interrupt storm could be a result of some kind of abuse from=20
one of existing classes.

Could you provide output of command:

	# sysctl -b kern.geom.conftxt | awk '{print $2}' | sort | uniq

It will be good if you could try unload some classes (gvinum, etc.) before

Increasing kern.geom.stripe.debug could be also interesting.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl

--KWqj/C5KzoWE0Q2t