Date:      Wed, 09 Jan 2008 01:23:43 +0800
From:      <vader@lavabit.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ACPI problem on EPOX MVP3C2

Hi!

	First of all, apology for my poor English.

I have a EPOX MVP3C2 mainboard, running FreeBSD 7.0
( in fact, I will use it for Freenas) ,
while enabling ACPI, there're some troubles:

1. the NICs, 3C905C-TXM or RTL8139 / RTL8169, won't work,
always get the "watchdog timeout" responding,.

2. the floppy disc (FD0) will be gone, too.

3. Maybe there're other problems, but I only notice 2 as above for now.
Other suspicious problems suppose to be listed on below records.

Here're the info I follow your instruction to record

1. dmesg with ACPI enable
	http://vader.hopto.org/freenas/acpi/acpiondmesg.txt
	devices in /DEV/ (FD0 is gone)
	http://vader.hopto.org/freenas/acpi/acpiondev.txt

2. dmesg with ACPI disable
	http://vader.hopto.org/freenas/acpi/acpioffdmesg.txt
	devices in /DEV/ (no ACPI, but FD0 is back)
	http://vader.hopto.org/freenas/acpi/acpioffdev.txt

3. output from sysctl hw.acpi
	http://vader.hopto.org/freenas/acpi/hw-acpi.txt

4.ACPI Source Language dump
	http://vader.hopto.org/freenas/acpi/root-mvp3c2.asl

and the other ACPI dump under DOS, hope would be useful
	http://vader.hopto.org/freenas/acpi/dosacpidump.txt

I can disable ACPI, then everything will be smooth, however,
the system won't be shutdown totally by  the shutdown command or ACPI button,
I must turn on monitor to confirm shutdown procedure being completed,
then turn off the power switch.

Please help me, If need any additional info, please tell me,

Thanks!

A BSD newbie.