Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 09:52:47 -0500
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@mojave.sitaranetworks.com>
To:        "Bill A. K." <billak@geocities.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA Install

On Thursday,  2 December 1999 at  7:16:57 -0500, Bill A. K. wrote:
> Hi,
>      Well here's what happened with the laptop PCMCIA thing.
> Someone sent me some advice to try the PAO boot disks and use them with the
> CD. I did and that booted me with PCMCIA support. But I'll be honest, it
> isn't running good (I hate to say it but I don't like it so much i'm
> thinking about going back to RedHat 5.0, and thats not something I really
> want to do)
>
>      Could you help me out in the way of putting the base files on a MS
> partition? That may or may not be an option.
>     This might work better: Can I PLIP to my desktop workstation and get the
> files over ftp from my workstations HD effecively creating a FreeBSD
> distribution server?  :)

Since you're copying me on this, I suppose this must refer to some
previous correspondence.  I get 900 mail messages a day; don't expect
me to remember the details.  They belong in your reply.  See
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html for further details.

I don't know who suggested PAO, but it wasn't me.  What is your
problem?  What do you mean by "it isn't running good"?  Why can't you
use the released version of FreeBSD?  What hardware are you using?

Greg