Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:31:49 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        nvass9573@gmx.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: off topic: unmanageable switch?

Nikos,

> My list of priorities, with 1 being the most important.
> 1. Price
> 2. Stability

As the price is the most important for you, buy any cheap switch.

Now I have had satisfaction with Dlink and Compex, maybe not among the
cheapest, but still cheap. I have had some working for 6 or 7 years
non stop. I would not use them as core switch, but as satellite
switches they do OK.

> 3. No "smart" features
> 4. STP support

STP is definitely a smart feature, it comes with higher models only.

Bests,

Olivier