Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:16:35 -0500
From:      "Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@netzuno.com>
To:        "Julian Elischer" <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Problem with PPP, tcpmssd and routing socket messages

Hi Julian,

> ppp now has tcpmssd build in (in at least one version...
> check with brian@freebsd.org)

Thanks for the info, but I think that it is not yet in stable (I follow the
CVS mailing list and I only saw commits for the head and the "NETGRAPH"
branch). And the machine I have to make it work on definitely does not have
this fix.

My workaround for now is to invalidate the MTU information if I see any
message on the routing socket that are related to the interface I am
monitoring. Then when I have to modify a packet, I refetch the correct MTU
at that point.

This is just a workaround for the problem that the RTM_IFINFO is never
received, which looks like a bug to me. If you give me some pointers as to
where to look, I can spend some time on it.

Patrick.