Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:16:38 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        jcwells@u.washington.edu
Cc:        jonny@jonny.eng.br, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: splash example ?

#define quoting(Jason C. Wells)
// >  Obviously, my kernel had the "pseudo-device splash".  It's seems to
// >be needed by the screen savers also, altough not specified anywhere.
//
// It is stated in GENERIC or in LINT. I know I read it some where.

You're right.  Indeed, it's in both.  The comment in LINT is better
than the one in GENERIC, and both are one-liners.  Could somebody
please copy it ?

GENERIC:# splash screen/screen saver
LINT:# Splash screen at start up!  Screen savers require this too.

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro