Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:00:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/32223: Port databases/mysql-jdbc-mm is quite outdated

The following reply was made to PR ports/32223; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
To: Kees Jan Koster <kjkoster@kjkoster.org>,
	freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, dglo@ssec.wisc.edu
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:52:33 +0100

 Kees Jan,

 > http://www.kjkoster.org/download/mysql-jdbc-mm.diff

 Some comments on the actual patch:

 1) Please use the unified diff format (diff -u). It's easier to read through.
 2) PORTREVISION=1? PORTREVISION should only be bumped if the PORTVERSION
 stays the same, but the contents for the port have changed, so that a
 portupgrade would install an improved version of the application.
 3) Perhaps we should rename mm.mysql-2.0.7-bin.jar to mm.mysql-2.0.7.jar? The
 -bin postfix is not really useful, is it?

 In general the changes to the port look very nice indeed.

 Ernst

 --
 Ernst de Haan
 EuroNet Internet B.V.

     "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
         and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ