Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 1997 09:02:33 -0400
From:      User Gp <gp@tower.my.domain>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppbus problem

> I hope you're subscribed to one or both of these lists; that's not a
> valid mail address.

Yeah, I'm on the list. Sorry about the messed up posts. I just started using
exmh at home and I obviously don't have it set up completely yet

> > > ppc0 at 0x278 irq 7 on isa
> > > ppc0: Generic chipset in PS/2 mode
> > > plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus 0
> > > ppi0: <generic parallel i/o> on ppbus 0
> > > vpo0: <Adaptec aic7110 scsi> on ppbus 0
> > > scbus0 at vpo0 bus 0
> > > sd0 at scbus0 target 6 lun 0
> > > sd0: <IOMEGA ZIP 100 D.13> type 0 removable SCSI 2
> > > sd0: Direct-Access
> > > sd0: UNIT ATTENTION asc:28,0
> > > sd0:  Not ready to ready transition, medium may have changed
> > > 862MB (196608 4592 byte sectors)
> > > vpo0: <Adaptec aic7110 scsi> on ppbus 0
> > > scbus1 at vpo0 bus 0
> > > sd1 at scbus1 target 6 lun 0
> > > sd1: <IOMEGA ZIP 100 D.13> type 0 removable SCSI 2
> > > sd1: Direct-Access
> > > sd1: ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:24,0 Invalid field in CDB
> > > sd1 could not mode sense (4). Using ficticious geometry
> > > 96MB (196608 512 byte sectors)
> >
> > Actually, this looks pretty ugly; you appear to have detected the vpo0
> > device twice.  Do you have one Zip or two connected?
>
> I've been trying to work out how you could actually have achieved this
> at all.  Are you using the ppbus code in -current, or a patched 2.2?
> (Sorry, I nuked your previous message 8( )
>
> mike

Now that you mention it, I got the stuff from Nicholas Souchu's (sp) page
before I realized it was in -current (which I'm using) already. I'll bet I
messed up one of the files that the installation instructions tell me to edit.
I'll have to retrace my steps.

Thanks.

Greg