Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 95 21:10:52 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        nt1@access.ods.gulfnet.kw (nadir)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AIC-7870

> I have 54CEP motherboard with built-in SCSI. Manual
> says that it is based on Adaptec AIC-7870.
>
> Will this work with freebsd or must purchase new controller?
>
> I tried to boot but it doesn't see my hard disk.

This should work; the most recent code supposedly deals with this.

Are you running new snapshots?

The Feb 2 (? I think) snapshots are known to blow chunks and panic
as a result of a uninitialized auto having to do with the new serial
console code, so something newer than that would be what you want.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.