Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 1997 11:24:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mail Question

This seems like an appropriate group for this sort of mail question, but I
could be wrong.  OH WELL -- tough!  :-)

Now that I'm laptop-empowered, I do a lot of travel and I'm never reading
my email from the same place, it would be nice to get my email to follow
me better.  What I do now is run procmail on our server machine and sort
my mail there, then read it *there* from wherever I'm at.  Clearly, over a
laggy network link, this sucks.

What I would *like* to do is be able to pop my mail down to wherever I'm
at and read it locally.  But it seems like sorting my mail into the
various folders sets it up so POP won't work, the mail's going into the
wrong place now for this to work.

I *know* you people have got to be sorting your mail...anyone offer up a
pointer for how best to deal with this?  (I'm POP-impaired, so if there's
some feature of POP that will allow this to work for me -- be able to pop
random folders down to my client -- I'd like to have a suitable RTFM
directed at me...)

Thanks,

Brian