Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 1996 19:53:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffry Komala <jkomala@pioneer.bawel.net>
To:        "Sergey S. Kosyakov" <ks@itp.ac.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Diamond video card

> 	Does anybody ever encounter a problem with Diamond Stealth 64 PCI
> 	Graphics 2000 series (DRAM version)?

I do. A very specific problem with the PCI version of the above card.
I've got permanent blank screen on 800x600x16bit regardless of the OS.

> I had various problems whith my 3 Diamond Stealth 64 PCI 2001 cards
> under FreeBSD, Windows NT & Windows 95.
> Now those cards works well. The solution:
> 1. 2nd MB SOJ DRAM chips must be 50ns

Admitedly, mine has 60ns Hyundai DRAM for the first megabyte and 70ns NEC
on the expansion sockets.

> 2. BIOS must be at least v1.03

If you are referring to the version number printed on the EPROM BIOS
label, mine is version 2.09.

> 3. Under FreeBSD use X*S3 from XFree861.3.2D distribution

I'll keep that in mind.

> 4. Under Windows95 & Windows NT use original drivers from Diamond Stealth,
> not from those OS.

Mine didn't come with Win95/NT driver disk.