Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:17:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Packet filter statistics

Please bear with me...

I've got a Windows 2000 web server that is spewing out over 2Mbps of
data which is going out round robin over my 3 T-1 connections.
Although there is still more throughput available, this is seemingly
rediculous.

I've got a fortigate box in front of the server now, but the details
it gives aren't quite what I need. What I'd like to have is a FBSD
filter (transparent bridge) setup in front of the box, with software
that can chart for me what type of packets are being sent/rec'd
to/from this box, as well as each packets frequency and size. Any
graph would do.

I believe this is legit HTTP traffic, but I can't identify packet size
(or the size of a single entire HTTP session etc). Seeing this in
graphical form would help me immensely.

Anyone familiar with available software that I could dump on my filter
box that can potentially do something similar like I am looking for?

I was contemplating on asking this on -ipfw, however technically it's
not a direct IPFW question.

Tks everyone for any suggestions.

Steve