Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 1998 14:54:55 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Goerzen <jgoerzen@alexanderwohl.complete.org>
To:        Marko Schuetz <marko@kinetic.ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>
Cc:        camp065@ibm.net, FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA Card Config

(Not CCing to FreeBSD-hardware)

I have 2.2.5, from the 2.2.5 PAO boot disk. My Ethernet is a Linksys
ethernet "combo" card (10baseT and 10base2).  ed0 is compiled in this
kernel; I just don't touch it and the network card worked fine right out
of the box.  I just plugged it in, FreeBSD recognized it, and all was
well.

A tiny oddity, but noting bad, is that while booting, FreeBSD tries to set
up the network based on the entries in rc.conf.  This will of course not
work until pccardd has started, so it generates some harmless error
messages, but the network gets properly initialized a few seconds later so
it's nothing to worry about.

John