Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 10:08:40 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Steve the teco <steve@red.hot.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Copying data to another machine (was: SCO)

On Wednesday, 29 September 1999 at 23:15:01 +1000, Steve the teco wrote:
> Hi All Sorry for asking a SCO question on FreeBSD but I'm hoping to find
> someone on this list that may know SCO.
>
> please email me off the list.
>
> I'm trying to copy files from machine to machine both have no network
> card. files are about 200Meg so Floppy is out.

Well, you may be asking the question about SCO, but the answer applies
to FreeBSD as well, so I might as well answer here (I don't answer
privately unless you pay me :-)

Basically, you have the choice of network or mass storage.  I gather
you don't have a tape either, so you're going to have to create a
network.  I assume they *do* have serial ports.  With SCO, uucp is
probably the best choice, though it might be easy enough to set up
ppp.  Still, you might find it easier to bite the bullet and use
floppy, especially if you compress the data.

Greg