Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:51:50 -0500
From:      "Waite, Michael" <Michael.Waite@compaq.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD and NIS

I have a problem with FreeBSD 4.0 CURRENT runnng as an NIS
client..................again.

I just did the install from CDrom the other day with the new iso image.
I basicall told it to install everything under the sun.

It is refusing to authenticate any yp accounts.

Please remind me what the yp config files are again.

Or is it a DESC issue.
What i am saying is that I did a plain vanilla instal (gimme everything) and
now I am trying to get it to talk on a very small yp domain that I am taking
to software developer 2000.
FreeBSD is the only child that does not want to play.
What is it about the default install that makes it different than SuSE, and
RedHat regarding YP?

-----Mike

Michael Waite
Global Partnering Solutions Services