Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 01:17:32 -0400
From:      Marion Sutcliffe <marion.sutcliffe@sympatico.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Where are kern&mfsroot.flp?

Hello,

Just starting to work up the courage to install freeBSD, and I've got a few
questions that I couldn't find answers for on the freeBSD site...

- How do I download the kern.flp and mfsroot.flp files - are these on the
freeBSD ftp site somewhere?
- I've used fips on my single 10.G IDE drive (FAT32, LBA) to create a
partition for Win98 (was already installed) and a second partition for
unix. Do I need do anything to this 2nd partition e.g. format it, or
partition it further before I install?
- Any known compatability problems with Crystal PnP sound chip (on the
motherboard) or 3D RagePro AGP video card or a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1202?
- I'm using LBA, and my first partition (for Win98) is about 5.5G - will
unix have any problem booting on the 2nd partition?
- About how long would it take to download freeBSD over a 56k modem (in the
wee hours of the morning)?

TIA, Marion