Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 18:28:57 -0400
From:      Robert Withrow <bwithrow@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Cc:        bwithrow@engeast.BayNetworks.COM
Subject:   Building powerpc-freebsd compilers on ix86-freebsd

I'm looking for guidance on generating cross compilers for
a powerpc-freebsd target on a ix86-freebsd host.  I'm assuming that
the alpha freebsd port developers had to do a similar thing.

I've scanned through the gcc-2.95.2 core distribution and I
don't see anything in it for freebsd on alphas, so I'm at a
loss to understand what works for the alpha.  (Did the necessary
changes not make it back into the gcc codestream?)

I see openbsd and some netbsd stuff for alpha (and powerpc) but
it isn't clear what is important for freebsd and what isn't.

Any help would be appreciated.  Please mail to me directly.

Thanks!

--
Robert Withrow -- (+1 978 288 8256)
BWithrow@BayNetworks.com