Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 15:10:23 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unix-haters

> Actually, I found it both dull and rather lacking in the humor
> department. :-) It made a few good points, but elsewhere it seemed to
> be _trying_ so damn hard to come up with legitimate grievances that
> the whole attempt just sort of fell flat for me.  I expect my pointed
> satires to be done with a little more wit and finesse' before I'll
> award them good marks and Mark Twain this guy isn't. :-)

I agree.  I saw a half-dozen good, qualified rants about parts of UNIX
that were poorly done in the first or horribly out of date, interspersed
with hundreds of pages of "ls is such a stupid command to do a directory,
why can't the just call it dir!"  I enjoy pointing out to people that
"dir" is a really stupid command when what you really want is a list of
files.  On OS/32 from InterData, ne Concurrent, the command to list the
files in the current work area was, of all things, "list files"!

Homer Simpson: Doh!

Homer on Dos/Win/VMS: Dir!