Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:05:28 +0200
From:      Giulio Ferro <auryn@zirakzigil.org>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   VirtualBox FreeBSD as guest

Freebsd 8 last (yesterday)
When I try to launch it as a guest os in virtualbox during boot I get
a lot of:
ata0: timeout waiting to issue command
ata0: error issuing ATA PACKET command

Eventually it manages to complete boot and everything seems to work ok.
But when I try to mount cdrom (i.e. to install guest additions) :
mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt/cdrom
It fails with the same errors reported above and finally:
mount_cd9660: /dev/acd0: Input/output error

Host system is ubuntu 10.04 amd64. Other o.s. works ok (7, xp, ...)

I've tried to change the controller type in the VB config, but nothing
changes...

Thanks for any suggestions