Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:18:48 -0600
From:      Charles Howse <chowse@charter.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Streaming Audio & Video

Hi,
I know this has been discussed to death because my research found lots and
lots of posts on the subject.  Mostly about the whatever port someone was
using was broken, or it wouldn't work at all.

The question is:
What are most of you using for streaming audio and video?
I'm running 4.8-RELEASE-p13, KDE 3.1.4

I'd also like to get it integrated into Mozilla, as a helper app, I suppose,
although I haven't gotten that far into it yet.

I see references to linux-realplayer, and (possibly old) references to the
native FBSD port for realplayer.  When I search the ports tree, I don't see a
FBSD port for realplayer, so I'm assuming those were old references I saw
when I Googled.

Is there something better, easier, faster?
--
Thanks,
Charles

Random Murphy's Law:
The only new TV show worth watching will be cancelled.