Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:48:40 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Attilio Rao <attilio@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Milos Vyletel <mv@rulez.sk>, current@freebsd.org, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Subject:   Re: ULE status, invalid load, buildkernel times.

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 12:08:55PM +0200, Attilio Rao wrote:

> The patch is not going to work as the slot for SI_ORDER_SECOND was=20
> alredy held by kern/subr_smp.c::mp_start() function.
>=20
> Could you please try this comprehensive patch?
> It has a fix for the mp_start / lapic_init confusion and some tricks=20
> with CNXT-ID bit which should exactly identify HTT:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~attilio/machdep_lapic.diff
>=20
> I have still to stress test it, so please use caution. I will update=20
> soon if I will have more information (a 'work for me' / 'don't work for=
=20
> me' would be very appreciated though).

This works for me on three systems:

A real HTT system (kern.sched.topology is correctly set to 1)

A dual core amd64 system (previously mis-probed as HTT, now correctly not)

A quad core intel system (not previously mis-probed as HTT, but broken
with Peter's patch).

Kris

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga--