Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 19:50:01 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
Subject:   Re: New port: BugSeeker for Java 2

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 04:14:30AM +0100, Ernst de Haan wrote:
> Hi Patrick and all,
>
> Just submitted a PR for yet another Java port: BugSeeker. The details can be
> viewed here:
>
>    * http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=24062
>
> I could not get BugSeeker to work with the FreeBSD JDK 1.2.2, since it needs
> two shared libraries that are not built by our JDK:
>
>    * libdt_socket.so
>    * libjdwp.so
>
> If I remember correctly, there was some discussion on this subject a few
> months ago, and I think we could not build these unless we would rip the Linux
> JDK sources, right?

These are the JPDA shared libraries.  You can build them from the code Sun
did release at one point under the SCSL.  However, they've since taken the
code down.  If you're adventurous, there are patches and the code to do so
on my web site.  However, the patches on the web site miss one key patch
which I posted to the group a while back (should be in the archives).

It seems what really needs to happen is for patchset 11 to come out, with
JPDA support included.  Let me talk that over with the porting team, it may
make your life easier (especially for ports that depend on JPDA).

					- Greg