Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:56:19 +0100 (BST)
From:      george blackass graham <geordie250@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 5.3-Beta7: sendmail script bug?

PLEASE CANCEL!

Do NOT charge me for this! I did not like this email list at all!

Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,

When no sendmail program is running, do:

# cd /etc/rc.d
# ./sendmail start
Starting sendmail.
554 5.3.5 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 279: Unknown address family inet6 in Family=option
# ls /var/run/sendmail.pid
ls: /var/run/sendmail.pid: No such file or directory
# ./sendmail stop
sendmail not running? (check /var/run/sendmail.pid).
# ps awux | grep sendmail
smmsp 881 0.0 8.4 3320 2356 ?? Is 2:44AM 0:00.02 sendmail: Queue runner@00:30:00
for /var/spool/clientmqueue (sendmail

(I have disabled IPv6 support for kernel and world)

Apparently sendmail keeps running, even after being stopped.
Moreover, the sendmail script does not create a /var/run/sendmail.pid.

Is this a bug?

Rob.