Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:52:53 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        shocking@houston.rr.com
Cc:        culverk@wam.umd.edu, bsdx@looksharp.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What's the best PCMCIA Ethernet card?

In message <200009131903.e8DJ3WG07447@bloop.craftncomp.com> Stephen Hocking writes:
: The card's a "Megahertz (CC10BT/2)", according to pccardd. I had to manually
: put the IRQ in the /etc/pccard.conf file. The kernel code is from the
: PRE_SMPng tag. Hmmm - I kind of suspect interrupt issues. The dmesg is as
: follows, the card doesn't seem to load up if I dont have a "device sn" in the
: config file. I'm not sure why it's not seen when loaded as a module. I do have
: "COMPAT_OLDISA" and "COMPAT_OLDPCI" defined in there (don't ask, I think I was
: planning on using the old sound drivers at one stage). This may be why
: interrupts are being dropped.

OK.  My card identifies itself as the same thing.  Here's my
pccard.conf entry:

card "Megahertz" "CC10BT/2"
        config 0x1 "sn" ?
        ether   attr2
        insert /etc/pccard_ether $device
        logstr "Warner's Oddball sn card"

Well, ok, the logstr isn't quite accurate, but I wanted to test it vs
the default log string.  Otherwise I think it is the same as in the
default pccard.conf.

Warner