Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 2003 18:33:45 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Thomas Schuerger <schuerge@wjpserver.cs.uni-sb.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make index not working

On Sunday 02 February 2003 01:23 pm, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 10:02:19PM +0100, Thomas Schuerger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been having troubles regenerating the ports collection's index
> > for some weeks now (I'm using 4.5-RELEASE, where it used to work
> > fine before). I get the following messages:
>
> Using the ports collection with 4.5-RELEASE is not supported: please
> upgrade to 4.7-RELEASE or 4.7-STABLE.  Modulo some other small
> problems, which you are not seeing, INDEX generation works fine
> there.

I think it is hard to call having the following on all of the entries a
small problem

9e-1.0|/usr/ports/archivers/9e|/nonexistentlocal|Explode Plan9
archives|/usr/ports/archivers/9e/pkg-descr|ports@Fr
eeBSD.Org|archivers|||http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~wkj/Software/9e/

The "/nonexistentlocal|" instead of "/usr/local" in the following

9e-1.0|/usr/ports/archivers/9e|/usr/local|Explode Plan9
archives|/usr/ports/archivers/9e/pkg-descr|ports@FreeBSD.O
rg|archivers|||http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~wkj/Software/9e/

has got to cause problems somewhere.

Kent