Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 2008 02:38:30 +1200
From:      Christopher Gregory <cjg@pc-tech-support.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Time and Date Disabled Gnome 2.22.3 FreeBSD 7.0-release-p2

Hello Everyone,

I am having issues specifically with the Time and Date configuration in
gnome 2.22.3 on freebsd 7.0-RELEASE-p2

What is happening, is if you click on System>Administration>Time and
date, when it comes up all options are greyed out.  This means that from
within gnome, you are not able to set it up to sync with a time server,
or even manually change the time and date.

This was working, though with some of the updates to the ports
collection I am not exactly sure when it stopped working.

I have used cvsup to update the ports collection and have also used the
standard-supfile to update the src list (leaving it at src-all).

I have removed gnome by:

pkg_deinstall -R x11/gnome2

and also by using:

pkg_deinstall -Rf x11/gnome2

I have used pkgdb -F to fix any inconsistancies.

I have deleted the .gconf .gconfd .gnome2 .gnome2_private directories.

No matter what I have tried the issue still remains.

Is there something else I need to delete in order to purge all of gnome,
and start totally from scratch?  I have followed ALL of the faq for
de-installing gnome.

What I want is to be able to adjust the time and date from within gnome
as you are meant to be able to.

Yes I am fully aware of the command line options.  This is a work around
and NOT a fix.

A listing of uname -a is:

FreeBSD freebsd 7.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-p2 #3: Fri Jul  4
20:43:40 NZST 2008  /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM  amd64

Regards,

Christopher