Date:      23 May 2001 00:21:40 EST
From:      "Mark Sergeant" <msergeant@snsonline.net>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, "Ben Perry" <aila@jump.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [none]

Or rm -rf /usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat also worked fine as well.

On Wed, 23 May 2001 00:16:57 -0500, Mike Meyer said:

:: Ben Perry <aila@jump.net> types:
::  > This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
::  >
::  > ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C0E2E8.112E2220
::  > Content-Type: text/plain;
::  > 	charset="iso-8859-1"
::  > Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
::  >
::  > Hi, im a fairly new admin to freebsd. Enjoying it immensly, I've come =
::  > across a problem in the ports tree when cvsup'n
::  >
::  >
::  > # cd /usr/src ; make update
::  > ...
::  >  Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/patch-aa
::  >  Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/patch-ab
::  >  Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/tomcat.sh
::  >  Delete ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files
::  > Updater failed: Cannot delete "/usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files": =
::  > Directory not empty
::  > *** Error code 1
::  >
::  > Stop in /usr/src.
::  > *** Error code 1
::  >
::  > Stop in /usr/src.
::  >
::  > ive tried empting that files directory for the updater, but it just =
::  > redownloads them...
::  > I thought I saw how to fix this on the webpage, but i cant seem to find =
::  > it again..  and i dont feel like setting up cvsup's refuse file just =
::  > right now..
::  >
::  > So, if this is my error, dont worry bout me, ill figure it out =
::  > eventually, I'm basically just emailing this for if its on your side, so =
::  > yall can fix it if need be..
::
::  This has been discussed at length on the -stable list. It's a bug in
::  cvs. You need to delete all the lines with "jakarta-tomcat" in them in
::  file "/usr/sup/ports-all/chekouts.cvs:." as well as the port (not sure
::  the port is needed, but it won't hurt), then cvsup again.
::
::  	<mike
::  --
::  Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>			http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
::  Independent WWW/Perforce/FreeBSD/Unix consultant, email for more information.
::
::  with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
::
::

--
Mark Sergeant
Unix Systems Administrator

Fortune follows...

Did you know that the voice tapes easily identify the Russian pilot
that shot down the Korean jet?	At one point he definitely states:

	"Natasha!  First we shoot jet, then we go after moose and
	squirrel."

		-- ihuxw!tommyo