Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2014 17:59:14 +0000
From:      Markus Pfeiffer <markus.pfeiffer@morphism.de>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10 on Dockstar (Marvell Kirkwood)

--nmemrqcdn5VTmUEE

Hi Ian,

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 10:36:43AM -0700, Ian Lepore wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-12-31 at 21:10 +0000, Markus Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >=20
> > I managed "fixing" it by editing the dockstar.dts file and putting for =
ranges:
> >=20
> >   ranges =3D <0x0 0x2f 0xf9300000 0x00100000>
> >=20
> > Now I just have to figure out why this "fixes" it, and what damage that=
 patch
> > does.
> > I also have some pathces for the LED on the dockstar which will tip up =
in my
> > github soon.
> >=20
> > Cheers,
> > markus
>=20
> After looking at the marvell code and docs, and some info I found about
> the dockstar at OpenWRT.org, I think the attached patch is the right fix
> for a dockstar (it maps the nand flash, and removes mappings for NOR
> flash and an LED; the dockstar doesn't seem to have NOR flash, and the
> LED thing seems to be out of place).
>=20

Can I find information anywhere as to what this ranges command actually mea=
ns?
I was assuming it has something to do with memory mappings, but I didn't fi=
nd
any info as to what in particular the 0x2f _means_.

> Markus, could you please test this; if it works, I'll commit it.  The
> only marvell hardware I have for testing is DreamPlug.

It does indeed work. I am a bit surprised that noone seems to be running
FreeBSD on a dockstar seriously enough to run into these problems.

Some ugly problem in connection with USB seems to rear it's head atm: if I
fsck a filesystem, it finds a lot of DUPs and starts deleting perfectly fine
files. I changed to using sync as well as disabling clustered reads and
writes. Maybe I'll find the time to investigate this issue as well.

I hacked a bit on the gpio/led driver to make the LED work with gpioled, I'=
ll
post a patch to the mailing list when it's cleaned up if that's ok.

markus

--nmemrqcdn5VTmUEE

--nmemrqcdn5VTmUEE--