Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:07:34 -0500
From:      "Chris Collins" <collins@collins-ca.com>
To:        "Matthew Seaman" <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing RAID question.[Scanned]

That is a good tip... I will be sure to "wire down" the new Raid config.

Just one more question... my current setup has ad0s1a for / So ad0 is the
physical drive definition(controller) and s1a is the logical partition??? and
if I was to add the raid card it might chage to something like this
sc0s1a ??? Is this safe to assume? Sorry just trying to understand how this
all functions...

This is my current fstab

/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/ad0s1f             /tmp            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad0s1g             /usr            ufs
rw,userquota,groupquota         2       2
/dev/ad0s1e             /var            ufs     rw,userquota    2       2
/dev/acd0c              /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0

So my new one would look like this??? if sc0 was the new controller id.

/dev/sc0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/sc0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/sc0s1f             /tmp            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/sc0s1g             /usr            ufs
rw,userquota,groupquota         2       2
/dev/sc0s1e             /var            ufs     rw,userquota    2       2
/dev/scd0c              /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0