Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:05:04 -0700
From:      Scott Weikart <scott@igc.org>
To:        richard childers / kg6hac <fscked@pacbell.net>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hams Report 85-mile 802.11b File Transfers @ Oregon

I would assume the hams used directional antennas on both ends, and
carefully pointed the antennas at each other.

So, this may have little relevance to monitoring people's
mostly-omnidirectional wireless LANs.  Well, maybe you could so some
math to make the ham's numbers scale, but I would guess there are
more direct methods to measure/compute risk.

-scott