Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:24:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      Fred Clift <fclift@verio.net>
To:        Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>, Richard Nyberg <rnyberg@it.su.se>, <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: XFree86 4.3.0 update

> Speaking of xterm, I tried using -fa / -fs instead of -fn / -fb (to
> get antialiasing), but the line spacing is wrong - it looks to be
> about 1.5.  Also, the size selection in the "VT Fonts" menu seems to
> be out of order.

You might check the difference between the following, for your linespacing
problems...

xterm -fa monospace-8:minspace=true
xterm -fa monospace-8

Aparently many fonts have broken vertical sizes and the 'minspace=true'
argument tells xft to calculate the font hight by looking at the highest
ascenders and lowest descenders rather than trusting the font's encoded
height.

There was a discussion on this recently on the devel@xfree86.org mailing
list...

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fclift@verio.net -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.