Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 1996 09:51:14 +0200 (SAT)
From:      rv@groa.uct.ac.za
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel Xtended Xpress/MG15

Hi,

Is there anyone running FreeBSD on an Intel Xtended Xpress/MG15
platform and if so, any problems?

We are about to commit to buying 5 for nationwide news/cache servers
and I would just like to double check in case our choice is not
good.

The hardware is a quad Pentium motherboard (obviously with only one
Pentium initially) with dual PCI channels and dual-fast wide
Adaptec controllers. I am told the same motherboard is used in
some of the top-end HP and Compaq servers(?).

An interesting extra is the DMI (Detop Management Interface) suport.
In particular, I have my eye on the CPU monitor that can reboot
the machine if the monitor doesn't receive a signal from a process
after a certain interval (assuming the machine has locked up).
Has anyone implemted something like this?

Any feedback much appreciated. Thanks.

 -Russell