Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 15:34:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Mark Lederer <lederer@mac.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Can Freebsd integrate with NT in a large corporation?

This is not a decision to make lightly, which I'm sure you know.  I won't
pretend to say I've done something this large.  However, to answer your
questions, Samba could be used to replace NT servers for file sharing,
printing, and authentication.  There is also a new PAM module that just
entered the ports tree that allows FreeBSD users to be authenticated via
NT PDCs (pam_smb).

You may want to check out some of the Samba mailing lists to see if anyone
has deployed it in such a large network.  Personally, I think FreeBSD is
an excellent choice for your network.

Joe Clarke