Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:39:30 +0100
From:      Nick Hibma <nick@van-laarhoven.org>
To:        tak.official@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nanobsd boot sequence problem

>> hi everyone,
>>=20
>> i'm new in nanobsd field, trying to well-config my first nanobsd =
server for
>> a while..
>>=20
>> here's my base question: which script is responsible for creating =
/etc and
>> /var as md drives?
>>=20
>> i wanna know this cause early in my startup sequence, i've got  a =
some-how
>> myinit script which is in need of modifying /etc files; but it seems =
that
>> when myinit script is running, there is no such rw /etc there.. it's
>> confusing.. so i thought if i knew the creator script, i can have the =
right
>> sequence via REQUIRE and BEFORE and alike..
>>=20
>> thank you for all your ideas and tips, and specially, your time :)
>=20
> /etc/rc.initdiskless does that, called early from /etc/rc, before the =
rc.d scripts. So I'm surprised you are having issues...

We use the script below to modify the configuration based on a file =
stored on /cfg.

It modifies 0 or more files on /etc/ (that includes the symlinked =
/usr/local/etc/) before the system starts. Those are the files modified =
on the memory disk, not the underlying partition or /conf/etc/ dir.

Hope this helps.

Nick

#!/bin/sh
#
# PROVIDE: unit_localise
# BEFORE: hostid
#
# This script needs to be run as one of the first ones. It modifies any
# configuration files that contain @@AW<id>@@ awparams. It replaces all =
those
# awparams with the values read in from /etc/unit_localise{.default,}.
#
# Note: 'hostid' has been chosen as `rcorder /etc/rc.d/* =
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/*'
# shows that one as the first one.

. /etc/rc.subr

name=3D'unit_localise'