Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 08:59:28 -0600
From:      "Juan Vazquez" <jvaz@hiline.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IP Forwarding...

I have a BSD box running bsd2.2.5 (BSD Gate). Ethernet ip-address is
44.76.3.141.
  My ISP ip address is 206.61.58.42, used on my ppp script.

  The (A-Box) is running Red Hat 5.0. Ethernet ip-address is 44.76.3.142.
  This Box is running Tnos 2.30 TCP/IP BBS for Amateur Radio Gateway.
  Tnos Program reqires an ip. Tnos ip is 44.76.3.140

  The (B-Box) is running Win-NT 4.0 Server. Ethernet ip-address is
44.76.3.139

  The (C-Box) is running Win-95 in a laptop. Ethernet ip-address is
44.76.3.138.

  With all the boxes i can get to the internet fine. But when the box
(A-Box) running the
  Tnos2.30 Package tries to connect to any 44 ip site, i'm told my a friend
that he
  could see me conneted to his box but the packets comming from his box
have the 44 ip
  and the (BSD Gate) box aparently does not know how to translate them and
the connetion
  gets drop.

  This is the actual configuration, given in the diagram below:

      +----------+
      +----------+      :
                             :   +----------+   PPP
      +----------+      :  1|  BSD   |   link
      | B-Box   |       :::::|  Gate   |:::::::::// Internet
      |               |:::::::     |             |
      +----------+       :                 my ISP is 206.61.58.42
                              :
      +----------+       :
      | C-Box   |       :
      |               |::::::::
      | Win-95  |4
      +----------+

   Tnos uses some call ip encapsulation. This works fine when i used the
Linux box as
   the gate to the internet. But i want to keep the BSD box as the Gate.
   Is there some program for BSD that could do what this encapsuation is
doing under Tnos.
   Or is there some i could add to my ppp script that would allow me to
pass 44 ip packets
   to the rest of my network.

   If there is some one using an almost similar configuration i would
apreciate if you
   share your knowledge on this subject. I'm starting to play with this two
packages
   and don't have great knowledge abt them.

   Thanks u all for ur help in advance.

   Juan Vazquez Jr. WP4BZN           Home E-mail   jvazquez@hiline.net
206.61.58.42
   2404 Rockwell Dr.                          work E-mail
jvaz@hiline.net
   Brownsville, Texas 78520             AMPR
wp4bzn@wp4bzn.ampr.org   44.76.3.140
   Home Tel. 956.546.9041               AX25
wp4bzn@wp4bzn.#stx.tx.usa.noam
   Work Tel. 956.982.6302
   Work Fax. 956.982.6289