Date:      Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:39:07 +0100
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Possible Exim/FreeBSD problem: ``non-sleepablelocks held''.

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

Hi,

  After my server died a few times (at the time I didn't write the
messages down... I wanted it back up asap) I decided to recompile the
kernel with debugging, which I have done.  It's running 5.1-RELEASE
(still devel(ish), I know) and I get the following message:

Sleeping on "sw read" with the following non-sleepablelocks held:
exclusive sleep mutex ifnet r =3D 0 (0xc03a0360) locked @ net/if.c: 1637

  I get messages related to Exim on the console (I don't know why, since
all logging for the console is disabled) and they are always followed by
these messages.  Exim seems to be running the queue.  I don't know if
this is even a problem (maybe it's normal), but I'd quite like to
understand what the messages mean.

  Thanks very much,

-lewiz.

--=20
You should never wear your best trousers when you go out to fight for
freedom and liberty.
		-- Henrik Ibsen
-| msn:purple@lewiz.net | jab:lewiz@jabber.org | url:http://lewiz.net |-

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3