Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 14:38:27 +1000 (EST)
From:      andrew@ugh.net.au
To:        Brian Dean <bsd@bsdhome.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recent FTP_PASSIVE_MODE change?

On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, Brian Dean wrote:

> having trouble.  I just switched over to using 'xdm' instead of
> running 'xinit' at login, and now the defaults in /etc/login.conf do
> not appear to be working.  Is this normal?

I reported this as a bug to the XFree people but they said I would have to
fix it myself and that there were security implications for doing xdm the
way it is and I got the impression I wouldn't get far if I produced
patches anyway.

That was quite a while ago, they may be more receptive now but I don't
have any time.

Andrew