Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 1996 20:14:10 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xperfmon doesn't compile on FreeBSD-current (incl. PATCH)

On Wed, 20 Mar 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Andreas Klemm wrote:
>
> >      size = sizeof(nfsstats);
> > +#ifdef HAS_CTL_VFS
> > +    mib[0] = CTL_VFS;
> > +#else
> >      mib[0] = CTL_FS;
> > +#endif
>
> I assume ``CTL_VFS'' is already a #define.  In this case, why not
> simply do:
>
> #ifndef HAS_CTL_VFS
> #  define HAS_CTL_VFS HAS_CTL_FS
> #endif

That's surely another way to do it. But then one should add
a comment, so thats evident for everyone, that this is a
FreeBSD - or should I better say BSD 4.4 lite or even an
NFS 3.0 code - related hack ?

My intention defining HAS_CTL_VFS at that point, where the
exact release of FreeBSD already was fiddled out, was to
show, that this define is only true under -current.

An alternative would be to take your shorter one, Joerg and
to add a comment. I like well documented programs ;-)

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@knobel.gun.de         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         $$  Support Unix - aklemm@wup.de  $$