Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:40:49 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        jmb@FreeBSD.ORG, nate@mt.sri.com, ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another BSD anniversary

Nate Williams stands accused of saying:

> > > Those darn 'patches' were the primary reason the 'interim release' which
> > > later became FreeBSD came into being. :) :)
> >
> > 	yeah, that true, there were 3 or was it 5 version of a particular
> > 	patch...number 19 sticks in my head ;)
>
> I think that was Bruce's tty patch, but my memory has blotted out most
> of the past.  (I do have the last patchkit I released before turning it
> over to Jordan still on tape though. :) :)

As one of the many who were hapless slaves of another operating
system, or at best amazed onlookers at the time, may I suggest that on
this anniversary those of you who _were_ involved (and you know who
you are) hoist a receptacle of your favorite beverage in thanks to
yourselves and your fellows.

Without your perseverance (and perverstity) things would be Much Worse
right now.