Date:      Wed, 03 Jul 1996 17:34:19 BST
From:      Michael Searle <searle@longacre.demon.co.uk>
To:        ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   News readers

I have the package of Cnews cr.g from the 2.1R CD, and it seems to be
incomplete - some of the binaries it mentions aren't there (readnews,
checknews, etc). At least, going by the packing list, they aren't. Have I
missed something here, or should I get the port, or would INN (or some other
news program) be better? INN isn't on the CD, but it has been ported, so I
assume it would work with 2.1R.

I would be using it for a small news file (maybe 10 MB) with few newsgroups
(maybe 12), but AFAIK I still need to have a news server as well as a
reader, am I right?

--
Michael Searle - searle@longacre.demon.co.uk